Sunday, July 26, 2009

Nice Way to Ninety Plus

On Saturday (7/11/9), I got in my 92nd mile of the week. The plan had been to do 80 for the week and beat my old mark of 72 miles for the week that I set last summer. But with my Mt Whitney training group walking on Saturdays, my weekly mileage gets a big bump especially since my week ends on Saturday.

So as the picture shows, we started early on Saturday (5am). In fact I started even earlier and walked to Debbie's house (2 miles) instead of driving there. I left around 4:15 am and hit Del Taco on the way over. Del Taco was the only place open at this hour so I had my caffeine (diet coke) and an egg and cheese burrito.

Then I head to the starting point. Today was just going to be a 4.5 hour walk and it was going to be flat. We started around the Stockdale & Real road area and head to the bike path near Mohawk. Then just got on the bike path and headed east. It was mostly an uneventful walk except for the fact that my new shows were to small in the toe box area and my toenails on my little toes have turned black.

By the time we got back to Debbie's it was almost 11am and it was getting warm and my shoes were killing me but I still had 2 miles to go. As I proceded home, I stopped at Carl's Jr for more diet coke and a teriyaki burger to go. It took they forever to get my my burger and by the time I left my feet were killing me and it was even hotter. Needless to say the hike over the Oak Street bridge was not fun.

But I finally got home and ended up doing 19 miles at 19 minutes per mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment