Saturday, October 17, 2009

ONE HUNDRED!!!

I finally did it! Every since I got my Garmin GPS watch, I have been trying to get a hundred miles in a week. This week I finally did it. In fact, I got in 104.66 miles and it was not that hard even. Last summer I did a seventy mile week and thought my feet were going to fall off.

This summer, I did one eighty mile week and then I put in a 93 mile week in preparation for Mt Whitney back in July. Since then I have been logging between 50 and 70 miles a week. But the past three weeks I have been on a tear.

I did 81 and then 73 without much effort. Plus I was doing the Building Better Bodies Boot Camp on Monday, Wednesday and Friday with Joe. Along with my Running Camp on the other days. So this week was unexpected.

It got started with 15 miler with my running campers and my Mt Whitney crew on Sunday when we cruised around the bike path for four plus hours. The week was usual in that I walked in the morning and the evening but on Wednesday I threw in a big day that got me thinking I could do the hundred.

I started the day with a 2 mile walk with the chugs and they I did my Bagel walk in the rain. From my house to Bagels and Blenders and back is ten miles. That afternoon I had a bunch of errands so I decided to walk to them and by the time I got to boot camp, I had 6 miles in. Then boot camp was a running day so I ran 3 miles with my fellow campers and got in 21 miles by the time the day had ended.

That is when I realized I had sixty miles in and three days left in the week. On Friday, I did the Bagels walk again in the morning for ten miles at 14:55 pace. Then on Saturday, I walked up to the Bluffs to meet my running campers for their long run. It is 3 miles up there and three back and I did ten with my campers. By the time I got home I had gotten 16 miles in at 15:31 pace and had a 101 miles for the week.

Amazing I felt pretty good and my feet did not hurt like they have in the past when I did my first 70 mile week. But my week was not over because Blanca wanted to go for a walk that afternoon. So I ended up walking 104.66 miles in just under 29 hours. My average pace was 16:34 and my Garmin says I burned almost 15,000 calories!

So the week of 10.11.09 to 10.17.09 will be a memorably one.

No comments:

Post a Comment